January 19, 2011

A testimony of God`s grace

Dear fellows in Christ,
    My name is Yaroslav. I was born in a non-Christian family. When I was about 10 years old my parents got divorced. I did not know much about God, actually very little. My mom found another man and started to drink alcohol with him. My childhood was pretty tough. Because of drinking my mom did not have much money and I used to be hungry quite often. 
   But I had a friend Vasya who lived in a Christian family. They were my neighbors and they helped me with food and cloth. So time passed and after I graduated from high-school I wanted to continue my study in a local technical university but I didn’t have money. I didn’t know what to do. Mom still used to drink. No money. No job. No future. Life seemed so miserable to me, so empty.
   But one day my friend Vasya invited me to come to a youth meeting in his church. I agreed. It was a group of Christian young people. I really enjoyed it. They were so friendly and happy. They were different than other people I knew. We sang songs and played games. I liked to fellowship with them. They also told about Jesus Christ and how everyone can become a Christian. But I was afraid. Something restrained me.
    
     And then one day Vasya invited me to listen to an American evangelist Don Betts. It was very interesting to hear an American speaking so I went. I remember I listened very carefully while he was talking about Jesus’ life. And then he asked who would like to accept Jesus as a personal Savior. I realized that I needed to do that. So I came forward and prayed to God to forgive my sins and asked Jesus to come into my heart. I was very happy. It happened on April, 22 of 1999. I know God works in different ways, but this is the way He worked with me. I’m glad He did. I know when I die I go to heaven because I’m a God’s child since Jesus came into my heart! Amen!
    God has been very good to me. The same year when I got saved I won scholarship and entered the Technological University for free which I graduated from in 2004. I was so excited about the Lord that I also decided to find a Bible school to learn more about the Word of God. There was one school which allowed evening classes so I entered it. During the time of study we passed Bible tracts, preached Jesus and helped orphans. God blessed me with good friends. One of them was Michael Glazov. We studied together and used to help each other in the time of need. We prayed for each other and served the Lord together. It was such a blessing! 

     So I graduated from Beacon Bible College in 2003. A year later I was invited to the US to witness about God’s work in Ukraine. And the Lord really blessed my trip. I experienced an American culture and learned the way the ministry is organized in American churches and missions. When I returned to Ukraine the Lord had something else for me. God taught me a good lesson. The life in America was quite different than in Ukraine. I thought I could do everything by myself but I was wrong. I had to learn to trust the Lord no matter whether I’m in America or Ukraine. I realized that I had to humble myself before Him and wait until His time. I knew that His will for me was to wait until He shows a right place for me in the ministry. I moved to Kiev and got a job as a software engineer but at the same time I was trying to serve the Lord. I passed out the tracts, visited orphanages and hospitals, participated at the tent meetings and witnessed about Jesus Christ to other people. Many got saved! Praise the Lord!

     Sometime later the Lord led me to join  Bible Orphan Ministry which was found by Michael Glazov – he is also the pastor of Bible Baptist Church “Charity” in Zhitomir. I have known Michael for 12 years and I can say that he is a good pastor and a great friend. I am glad that we can continue to serve the Lord together just as we did when we were in College. I am glad I am a part of the team of people who love the Lord and who want to serve Him and I know that we can serve the Lord better together not just one by one.

      As I do not have any regular support at this time I have to work at a secular job to support myself. Of course I am thankful that God gave me this job. I know I can work and serve the Lord at the same time. But I cannot do much because the work takes a lot of my time. And I was thinking to myself the other day: “ok, Lord what do you want me to? I have to work to earn money but the work takes time and there is not much time left to do anything else.” And the Lord answered: “Just do what you can!” There is a verse in the Bible which says: "The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few" (Matthew 9:37). There is also another verse: “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). So I know that if this is God’s will for me to become a full-time minister He will provide the needed support. I will simply do what I can step by step as the Lord opens the doors. Please pray for me!!!

You can read more information on the web-site and I urge you to consider becoming a part of this ministry by praying and helping financially as the Lord leads you.

Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for the wonderful way He has worked in your life. He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it. You have His word on it!!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country. Proverbs 25:25

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...