July 8, 2017

Journey and impressions about US

I`m so very excited to share with you about mission trip and amazing journey I had in November/December! Finally, after 7 months I can share my impressions and delight about US! ;)
I'm sorry that it took me so very long! Every day we are super busy and it's getting harder to find at least 5-8 hours for the blog post. This blog post took me the half of the year! It seems I need a secretary! Ha ha! I have so very much excitement, impressions and I'm afraid that something is not to be missed or forgotten. The hardest part was to choose the right pictures among a few thousands. ;)

So, visiting different churches, various groups, meeting with many beautiful brothers and sisters in Christ and sharing what God does through BOM in Ukraine.

God greatly blessed in many ways! It was so precious to meet in person those who are praying for you several years already. You have no idea but when you learn it humbles your heart. ♥ Thank you dear friends! Or meet in person sweet people who you met through online. This is so wonderful blessing! 

So, the adventures began! The plane in Borispol took off much later. Therefore, upon arrival in France, and we had about 20 people going to Los Angeles, we were catastrophically late for the flight! We all the group ran like crazy! It was funny. It was so nice and lovely when the airport staff stood with "Los Angeles" signboards and directed where to run. Yes, yes to run instead of to walk! It turns out the plane in airport Charles De Gaulle was waiting for us when group of about 20 people will arrive from Boryspil! Wow! What a service! It was so nice!
The airport impressed me with its beauty, sparkling gerlandes in this period of the year and many things that fascinate the view. And I managed to take a few snapshots and even make a small video without missing an opportunity. ;) Craziness. Right? Hmm. Who knows when I'll be here again? :) And then I ran without feeling my legs. I could only see this in the movies, people running at the airport. And now I had to go through it myself! Now I remember it with a smile. It was fun!


Interesting and unusual lounges to wait a flight and rest.


I loved to use the camera and watch where we were flying! The flight has landscape cameras and it was amazing to watch! Wow! So neat!
                             

My heart did not stop knocking in excitement.I flew to America again? Is it true???Is`t not a dream? You will not believe it, but I pinched myself several times to make sure that I do not sleep! Ha ha!

The longer I stood and waited for my bag, the more I realized that it had not come with me.Oh, no! Not again... When I approached to the airport employee and explained about the lost bag. He asked, "Are you Alla Vasilieva?" What? How can it be? How does he know my name??? It turns out that the worker already had a list of lost bags from France. It was so cool! Somewhere around 24 hours, even late at night my bag was brought to the address! Wow! Another great moment of service I was very surprised!
And I did not feel a jet lag again! God was so good to me!I was just tired because I could not asleep for 24 hours of flight. But in the morning I felt great!

So, I again could see the ocean!I was amazed that at the end of November the weather was so beautiful! The water in the ocean should be cold. Right? It was almost the end of autumn. I saw how several children swam. Should be "walruses" and not afraid of cold water, I thought...
                           

Do you know what? The water in the ocean was warmer than in spring when I saw it for the first time in my life! Indescribable beauty and delight made me cry... I could not hold back the tears of gratitude to God for another opportunity to see the ocean, for the beauty and for those dear friends, who made this possible... Thanks to God for what lies ahead of me, so much all the unknown and beautiful ... For so many wonderful and generous friends, who have brought this amazing gift for which I am immensely grateful and happy!Thank you very much!!! ♥♥♥

Huge algae thrown from the ocean to the beach. I sad that I have not designated than to show how large this is.

beach Crystal Cove, CA

My dream was to visit a planetarium somewhere... And it came true in Los Angeles!I was able to learn about stars, meteorites. Even see a piece of the planet of the month brought by the astronauts to earth! Very interesting place. Also I was very impressed by the show! It was incredibly cool!

"Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth." (Isaiah 40:26)
It's so awesome to find out what is created by our wonderful Creator! After all, through this we can learn more about the power and mighty of God and admired by His creation!


What? A two-floor train??? Wow! I'm wondering how it looks inside ;)

I had a wonderful opportunity to see and celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday in America! I was eagerly awaiting this day! Hooray, I learned how to make a pumpkin pie! We do not make pumpkin pies in Ukraine. Such a great experience!

Some time ago I was presented a book by a sweet my friend. Name is "The KGB`s most wanted" Learning of what Josef Bondarenko faced during arrest, imprisonment, and loss of freedom for almost ten years in the merciless state of the communist driven society of the U.S.S.R.

The book impressed me so much that I read it in a few days! I have never read books so quickly. This book will help you learn the history of the U.S.S.R, understand the culture of Ukraine, encourages, inspires and motivates to great steps in the faith in God! This is the wake up call we all need. This is the real deal!Must read!
The wonderful blessing is that I had the privilege of  meeting with his daughter Vera, beautiful and inspiring sister in Christ!I was so very blessed!We had amazing time together!
Vera is second from the left
To be continued. In the next blog post I will contnue gladly to share  about my trip and adventures. In a few days! Don`t miss a post! You can sign up for notifications when I make a new post and follow the journey on BOM facebook using the buttons on the right side of the blog. Thank you! 

Thank you so much for your spent time to read, reflect and enjoy. I hope it blessed your heart!Have a wonderful day friends!




2 comments:

  1. I so sorry to have missed you on this trip. 20 minutes away yet it ended up being too far. Next time my sweet lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God`s will next time, Jackie Lee McClement :)

      Delete

As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country. Proverbs 25:25

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...